Basic Representation Theory
Lecture 1 notes, Lecture 1 whiteboard, Seminar 1.1 whiteboard, Seminar 1.2 whiteboard, Bonus problem 1
Lecture 2 notes, Lecture 2 whiteboard, Seminar 2.1 whiteboard, Seminar 2.2 whiteboard, Bonus problem 2
- W. Fulton, J. Harris, Representation theory. A first course. (Sections 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12)
- E.B. Vinberg, Linear Representations of Groups.
- G.James, M.Liebeck, Representations and Characters of Groups. (For the first half of the course, Sections 1-20)
- B. Hall, Lie Groups, Lie Algebras, and Representations. An Elementary Introduction (For the second half of the course, Chapters 1-4)
Revising Linear Algebra
- S. Freidberg, A. Insel, L. Spence, Linear Algebra. (The sections without an asterisk)
- S. Axler, Linear Algebra Done Right.
- S. Roman, Advanced Linear Algebra (Chapters 1-3, 7-11, 14, 18).
Revising Group Theory
- C.Pinter, A book of abstract algebra. (Chapters 1-16)
- J.Fraleigh, A first course in abstract algebra. (Sections 1-14)
Revising Multivariable Calculus and introductory Differentiable Manifolds notions (for the second half of the course)
- W.Boothby, An Introduction to Differentiable Manifolds and Riemannian Geometry (Chapters 1-3)
- J.Lee, Introduction to Smooth Manifolds (for a deeper and more general picture, Chapters 1-3)
- L.Nicolaescu, Lectures on the Geometry of Manifolds, https://www3.nd.edu/~lnicolae/Lectures.pdf (for a deeper and more general picture, Sections 1.1, 1.2, 2.1)